Open Education Summit
May 7, 2018
University of Windsor, St Clair College, Lambton College
The Open Education Summit (#OES2018) is a forum for discussing, exploring, and sharing open, online, and technology enabled teaching and learning practices. It is a collaboration between the University of Windsor, St. Clair College, and Lambton College, with support from eCampus Ontario.
The inaugural OES will be held on 7 May, 2018 at the St. Clair Centre for the Arts, on the beautiful Windsor, Ontario waterfront. The summit brings together faculty, staff, students, and administrators to share experiences, practices, and resources for open and online education.
Participants will have the opportunity to discuss and explore diverse and emerging areas such as:
– What is open educational practice and pedagogy, and what does it mean for diversity, inclusivity, and access in our educational system?
– How are Open Educational Resources changing the educational landscape?
– How do you find, evaluate, adopt, adapt, create, and share open educational resources, including open textbooks?
– Diverse perspectives and voices on open and online education: Students, instructors, administrators
– Showcasing open and online pedagogies
– How are open educational resources related to other open initiatives – open research, open data, open government, open access, open source, etc.?
Please join us for an exciting day of deep discussion, dialogue, practical workshops, showcasing practices and research, and networking opportunities for people interested in exploring the possibilities of open and online education.
Fill out this form if you’re interested in more information: bit.ly/ExtendWest